Haven’t brought your child in yet? No Problem! Our focus is on making your child’s first, or repeat dental visit a positive experience. Some kids at this age may already be anxious or fearful- no worries! Addressing fear or anxiety in children is our specialty. Services include exams, cleanings, and fluoride varnishes, as well as fillings (in chair/under nitrous oxide/under general anesthesia) and preventive sealants to stop cavities on the molars- remember, they are going to stick around until age 11-13! We teach brushing and flossing in a way that is easy for a young child to understand, so they can keep those teeth nice and clean. We continue to discuss diet, snacking and beverage habits. Common questions include:
- Does my baby have soft teeth?
- The baby teeth are crooked- do they need braces?
- What are sealants? Why are they needed?
- My child is scared of the dentist- what can I do?
- How can we fix cavities on top of the teeth? Between the teeth?
- They’re just baby teeth- they’re going to fall out soon, right?